For customers in North America on version 4.13 or later only.
If an order is placed outside of the IDEXX software (through VetConnect or a manual order through IDEXX Reference Laboratories), the results appear as Unknown for the patient name on the Diagnostic Orders and Results page. You must match these results to a patient consultation.
IMPORTANT: An open consultation must exist to match a result with a patient. If the unmatched result is for a new patient, add the patient and create a consultation. If the result is for an existing patient, make sure the patient has an open consultation.
- On the menu, click your name and then click Diagnostics.
- Select the Show only unmatched orders/results check box.
- For each unmatched order, click Match to Patient. The Match this Diagnostic Order window displays a list of patients.
- If you see the patient in the list, click Select next to that patient.
Enter a client or patient name in the search box and click Search. Then, select the correct patient.
- If no consultation exists for the patient, click the go back link to go back and search for another patient, or click Cancel and create a new consultation.
- Select the consultation from the drop-down list.
- Select the Add the charge for this order to the selected consultation check box if this charge has not been captured. If you used a product item to invoice this order, do you select this check box. You should use this option if you do NOT have a consultation that has captured this charge OR if you don’t want to track the charge in the software.
- Click Save. The order appears in the Product/Service area on the consultation.